PROBLEMS WITH MY PLAN
Here is a list of problems I have found with my plan with some explanation of the problem and possible remedies of that problem.
1. The state of Alaska: The state of Alaska: This mainly has to do with one thing location, location, location. Some school districts in Alaska as so far away from a big city that finding a teacher is a tough thing and keeping one is just as tough, plus this also will make it hard to reach my national set standards.
2. Rural areas in the rest of the USA: Can we say location, location, location again. Yes we can. These areas also have students that need k-12 schooling but also have like only 200 students that need it as well. This is a problem that is not easy to solve but can be helped by online distance learning.
3. How far is High school A from College B: This is also a biggie. In some cases you may be 1 hour away to the closest college, which I say is no good. You can build more classrooms to fix this but with so many different majors he or she can get that may not work out trying to get the school district to comply with level 2 high school graduate. Doing some sort of online distance learning of college level courses might be the only way to do level 2 high school graduate requirements.
4. The school does not have the major I want: This is another problem. In some cases substituting for a different major like Chemistry or Physics for a Meteorology major will not only help you down the road when you go for the 4 year degree, it will give you something to at least fall back on if you do not graduate with that degree.
5. But my college is only a 2 year school: Well under my plan if you did go to a 2 year college to get a degree and you did get your degree you will automatically get accepted to a 4 year state college inside the state you graduated from free of charge to get your 4 year degree.
56. What if only one state went with this plan: Since I believe my idea is going to work so much so if one state only did this it would cause only one state to have the top quality high school grads and college entrants. This would cause a major inflow of people into the state, which would up making jobs tough to find. It would also make it tough for states to scramble and get the full standards in place while having a quality educational system. It will also be tough on transfer students as well if they transfer in the later grades because of standards that need to met by a certain grade level are so much higher.